Co-Founder of The Beach Boys
- 11th Great-grandfather of Mike Love — 14th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Robert White
- Bridget Allgar
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1597
- Birth Location:
- prob. Messing, Essex, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 23 Jan 1683/1684
- Death Location:
- Hartford, Hartford Co., Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Mary Levit
- Marriage Date:
- 26 Dec 1622
- Marriage Location:
- Messing, Essex, England
Nathaniel White (Ahnentafel No:6314 )
Some publications give John White's death as between 17 DEC 1683 (date of his will) and 23 JAN 1683/4 (reported date of the inventory of his estate). However, Robert Charles Anderson in his The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633 (Vol3, p. 1978) states that the latter is actually his death date and lists it as “from inventory.”
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John White
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register , (New England Historic and Genealogical Society ), 1901, Vol. 55, Page 29.
- 2 The American Genealogist , New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online) , 1992, Vol. 67, p. 165, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles , The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol . 3, P-W , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995) , 1976-1979.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles , The Grea t Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium , Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2015) , 369.
- 5 Brainard, Homer Worthington, et. al. , The Gilbert Family: Descendants of Thomas Gilbert, 1582(?)-1659 of Mt. Wollaston (Braintree) , Windsor, and Wethersfield , Portland, Maine: The Anthoensen Press (1953) , 25, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 6 Carter, Howard Williston , Carter: A Genealogy of the Descendants of Thomas Carter of Reading and Weston, Mass. and of H ebron and Warren, Ct. , Palmer, Massachusetts: Printed by C. B. Fiske and Co. (1909) , 20, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 7 Collins, R. Thomas, Jr. , One Life at a Time: A New World Family Narrative, 1630-1960 , Oakton, Virginia: Ravensyard Publishing, Ltd. (1999) , 3-7.
- 8 Judd, Peter H. , Genealogical and Biographical Notes: Haring-Herring, Clark, Denton, White, Griggs, Judd, an d Related Families , New York: P.H. Judd (2005) , 161-164, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 9 Meggison, Michael Thomas , "#71 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: The Immediate New England and Royal An cestry of the Beach Boys" , (accessed 11/21/2016), New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd , Notable Ki n, Volume 1 , Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998) , 203, 214.
- 11 Wells, Daniel White and Reuben Field Wells , A History of Hatfield, Massachusetts , Springfield, Massachusetts: F. C. H. Gibbons (1910) , 451, Internet Archive (Digital Library).