J.P. Morgan, Jr.
American Banker and Philanthropist
- 7th Great-grandmother of J.P. Morgan, Jr. — 10th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 1 Mar 1697/1698
- Death Location:
- New Haven, New Haven Co., Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Henry Glover
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 12 Jun 1641
- Marriage Location:
Hannah Glover (Ahnentafel No:375 )
Helena Russell is believed to be the sister of William Russell of New Haven, Connecticut, who married Sarah Davis. Other sources list her maiden name as Wakeman, Davis, or Cooper. There is no doubt that she is related to these families. However Paul W. Prindle makes a case in The American Genealogist (1972, Vol. 48, pp. 208-214) for Helena, wife of Henry Glover, to be the sister of William Russell, husband of Sarah Davis.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Helena Russell
- 1 Commemorative Biographical Record of Fairfield County: Connecticut, Containing Biographical Sketches of . . ., Chicago: J. H. Beers and Co. (1899), 306.
- 2 New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, 1942, Vol. 73, No. 3, pp. 159-166 and accompanying chart.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 1972, Vol. 48, pp. 208-214.
- 4 The American Genealogist, 1987, Vol. 62, p. 138.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. III, G-H, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2003), 70, see comments.
- 6 Trowbridge, Francis Bacon, The Ashley Genealogy: A History of the Descendants of Robert Ashley of Springfield, Massachusetts, New Haven: Press of Tuttle, Morehouse and Taylor (1896), 21.