38th U.S. President
- 8th Great-grandfather of Gerald Ford — 11th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Robert Welles
- Alice -----
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1590
- Birth Location:
- Stourton, Whichford, Warwickshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 14 Jan 1659
- Death Location:
- Wethersfield, Hartford, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Alice Tomes
- Marriage Date:
- AFT 5 Jul 1615
- Marriage Location:
Thomas Welles (Ahnentafel No:1012 )
Colonial Governor of Connecticut
Some sources state that Thomas Welles had a wife name Elizabeth Hunt, but this appears to be incorrect.
Additional marriages for Thomas Welles
- Elizabeth Deming
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1646
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Thomas Welles
- 1 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1995, Vol. 12, p. 66.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1926, Vol. 80, pp. 279-305, 446-447.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 1977, Vol. 53, p. 205.
- 4 The American Genealogist, 1979, Vol. 55, pp. 28-31.
- 5 The American Genealogist, 1983, Vol. 59, p. 35.
- 6 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2015), 364.
- 7 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. VII, T-Y, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2011), 137, 288-292, 399.
- 8 Anderson, Robert Charles and others, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. II, C-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001), 542.
- 9 Andrews, Henry Porter, The Descendants of John Porter of Windsor, Conn. 1635-9, Vol. 1, Saratoga Springs: G. W. Ball, Book and Job Printer (1893), 12-13.
- 10 Bidwell, Edwin M., Genealogy of the First Seven Generations of the Bidwell Family in America, Albany, New York: Joel Munsell's Sons (1884), 32.
- 11 Connecticut Society of Genealogists, The Connecticut Nutmegger, 2003, Vol. 36, p. 384.
- 12 Foote, Abram W., Foote Family Comprising the Genealogy and History of Nathaniel Foote of Wethersfield, Conn. and his Descendants, Vol. 1, Rutland, Vermont: Marble City Press - The Tuttle Company (1907), 17, 21.
- 13 Frost, Josephine C., Ancestors of Henry Ward Beecher and His Wife Eunice White Bullard, Unknown: Unknown (1927), 106, 112-113.
- 14 Hopkins, Timothy, The Kelloggs in the Old World and the New, Vol. 1, San Francisco, California: Sunset Press and Photo Engraving Co. (1903), 5.
- 15 Jacobus, Donald Lines and Edgar Francis Waterman, Hale, House and Related Families: Mainly of the Connecticut River Valley, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1978, reprinted from 1952), 780-787, 802.
- 16 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 222.
- 17 Welles, Albert, History of the Welles Family in England and Normandy: With the Derivation From Their Progenitors of . . ., New York: Albert Welles (1876), 98-109.
- 18 Wikipedia, "Thomas Welles", (accessed 05/10/2013).