38th U.S. President
- Grandmother of Gerald Ford — 3rd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- 17 Nov 1855
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 14 Jul 1930
- Death Location:
- Glendale, Los Angeles, California
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Forest Lawn Cemetery, Glendale, Los Angeles, California
- Spouse Name:
- Charles Henry King
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 2 Jun 1882
- Marriage Location:
- Chicago, Cook, Illinois
Leslie Lynch King (Ahnentafel No:2 )
The death certificate for Martha's son Leslie Lynch King gives Martha's maiden name as Lynch. However, her other son Charles's death certificate, and her marriage license both give it as Porter.
Sources disagree about the year of Martha's birth. Her tombstone shows it as 1855.
Martha Alicia Porter
View famous kin of Martha Alicia Porter
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Martha Alicia Porter
- 1 Arizona, U.S., Death Records, 1887-1968, Death certificate for son Leslie Lynch King.
- 2 Cook County, Illinois, U.S., Marriages Index, 1871-1920, Marriage license for Charles King and Martha Porter.
- 3 Federal Census, NE, Douglas County, 1910, Omaha Ward 7, E.D. 52, Sheet 20B, Image 39 of 42.
- 4 Federal Census, WY, Natrona County, 1900, Casper, E.D. 45, Sheet 6B, Image 7 of 22.
- 5 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 08/11/2011).
- 6 The American Genealogist, 1977, Vol. 53, Pages 56-57.
- 7 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American Presidential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 717.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 156.
- 9 Wikipedia, "Charles Henry King", (accessed 08/11/2011).