Thirza Hall Hobart
- 4th Great-grandfather of Thirza Hall Hobart — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1590
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- from 9 Apr 1629 to 19 May 1632
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Sarah -----
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1617
- Marriage Location:
(probable) Martha Lyford (Ahnentafel No:47 )
Rev. John Lyford arrived at Plymouth, Massachusetts by 1624 and left New England for Virginia in 1629.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Lyford
- 1 The Bates Bulletin, 1918, Series III, Vol. 2, No. 1, p. 24.
- 2 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 2, G-O, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 959, 1214-1217.
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2015), 215.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles and others, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. I, A-B, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1999), 197.
- 5 Banks, Charles Edward, "The Emigrant Ancestor and Ancestress of Abraham Lincoln", The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, April 1929, Vol. 60, Iss. 2, page 117.
- 6 Jacobus, Donald Lines, ed., The Ancestry of Lorenzo Ackley and his Wife Emma Arabella Bosworth, Woodstock, Vermont: N. Grier Parke, II (1960), 45.
- 7 Jamestowne Society, Qualifying Ancestors, A9524, Record for John Lyford, (accessed 01/21/2022).
- 8 Keiser, David S., "Lincoln's Ancestors Came from Ireland", Lincoln Herald, Winter 1977, Vol. 79, No. 4, pp. 146-150.
- 9 McCartney, Martha W., Virginia Immigrants and Adventurers: A Biographical Dictionary, 1607-1635, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2007), 470-471.
- 10 Weis, Frederick Lewis, The Colonial Clergy and the Colonial Churches of New England, Lancaster, Massachusetts: (1936), Reprinted for Clearfield Co., by Genealogical Publishing Co., Baltimore, MD (1997), 130.