J. A. Folger
Founder of Folger Coffee Company
- 5th Great-grandmother of J. A. Folger — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Thomas Mayhew Jr.
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1648
- Marriage Location:
Matthew Mayhew (Ahnentafel No:68 )
Although there are many sources that state the wife of Rev. Thomas Mayhew was his step-sister Jane Paine, there is no direct evidence to support this. She had a grandson named Paine Mayhew which may be the source of this claim.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Jane -----
- 1 Anderson, Robert Charles , The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol . 2, G-O , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995) , 1245-1246.
- 2 Brenneman, Richard E. , "Notable Kin - New England in Hollywood, Part Three: The Possible Rhode Island Ancestry of Ma rilyn Monroe" , www.americanancestors.org/notable-kin-the-possible-rhode-island-ancestry-of-marilyn-monroe , (accessed 10/09/2014), New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Hinchman, Lydia S. , Early Settlers of Nantucket: Their Associates and Descendants, 2nd Edition , Philadelphia: Ferris and Leach (1901) , 162, 208, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd , Notable Ki n, Volume 1 , Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998) , 204.
- 5 Sinnott, Mary Elizabeth , Annals of the Sinnott, Rogers, Coffin, Corlies, Reeves, Bodine and Allied Families , Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott Company (1905) , 248-254, Ancestry.com (Online Database).