Franklin D. Roosevelt
32nd U.S. President
- 6th Generation — 3rd Great-grandmother of Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Ahnentafel No:
- Gerardus Beekman
- Magdalena Abeel
- Birth Date:
- 10 Jan 1704
- Birth Location:
- Staten Island, New York, New York
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- ABT 1794
- Death Location:
- New York, New York
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Jacob Walton
- Marriage Date:
- 14 May 1726
- Marriage Location:
- New York, New York
- Abraham Walton
Maria Beekman is said to have died at the old Walton House on Franklin Square in 1794.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Maria Beekman
- 1 New York City Marriages, 1600s-1800s, Marriage record for Maria Beekman and Jacob Walton, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 2 The Essex Genealogist, 1986, Vol. 6, p. 159, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Barthelmas, Della Gray, The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference, Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997), 83.
- 4 Johnson, Alvin Page, Franklin D. Roosevelt's Colonial Ancestors: Their Part in the Making of American History, Boston: Lothrop, Lee and Shepard (1933), 39, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 5 Miller, V. Isabelle, "Flashback: Two 18th Century New York Dresses", Collectors Weekly, 25 APR 2009, (accessed 11/30/2012).
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 564.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 503.
- 8 Stillwell, John E., Historical and Genealogical Miscellany: Early Settlers of New Jersey and their Descendants, Vol. IV, New York: Unknown (1916), 43, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 9 The Society of the Descendants of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence, "Elbridge Gerry", (accessed 12/22/2012).
- 10 Townsend, Annette, The Walton Family of New York, 1630-1940, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Historical Publication Society (1945), 17, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).