Chief Judge and Prosecutor, Salem Witch Trials 1692
- 1st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Israel Stoughton
- Elizabeth Knight
- Birth Date:
- 30 Sep 1631
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 7 Jul 1701
- Death Location:
- Dorchester (now Boston), Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Dorchester North Burying Ground, Dorchester (now Boston), Suffolk, Massachusetts
Chief Judge and Prosecutor of the Salem Witch Trials of 1692 and later Massachusetts Bay Governor.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Stoughton
- 1 The American Genealogist, 1953, Vol. 29, pp. 202-204.
- 2 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 3, P-W, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1775.
- 3 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "Update for Ancestors of American Presidents", (accessed 03/04/2016).
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 920-921.
- 5 Wikipedia, "William Stoughton (Massachusetts)", (accessed 10/05/2011).
- 6 Wikipedia, "William Tailer", (accessed 10/05/2011).