Philosopher and Education Reformer
- 5th Great-grandmother of John Dewey — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 11 Sep 1691
- Death Location:
- Hartford, Hartford Co., Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Richard Butler
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 1641
- Marriage Location:
Samuel Butler (Ahnentafel No:82 )
Elizabeth's maiden name may have been Bigelow but evidence is needed to confirm this.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Elizabeth -----
- 1 American Ancestry: Giving the Name and Descent in the Male Line of Americans Whose Ancestors Settled in the U.S., Vol. 12, (Albany, NY: Joel Munsell's Sons, Publishers (1899)), 11.
- 2 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 287.
- 3 Cutter, William Richard, ed., New England Families: Genealogical and Memorial, Volume 2, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1913), 613.
- 4 Jacobus, Donald Lines, ed., The Ancestry of Lorenzo Ackley and his Wife Emma Arabella Bosworth, Woodstock, Vermont: N. Grier Parke, II (1960), 141-142.
- 5 Olmsted, Henry King and Rev. George K. Ward, Genealogy of the Olmsted Family in America: Embracing the Descendants of James and Richard Olmsted and . . ., New York: A.T. De La Mare Printing and Publishing Company, Ltd. (1912), 17.