55th Governor of Massachusetts
- Great-grandfather of Leverett Saltonstall — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Amos Lawrence
- Nancy -----
- Birth Date:
- 31 Jul 1814
- Birth Location:
- Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 22 Aug 1886
- Death Location:
- Nahant, Essex, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Mount Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- Sarah Elizabeth Appleton
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Sarah Lawrence (Ahnentafel No:7 )
Hetty Sullivan Lawrence
Amos Lawrence donated the first $10,000 to found Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin and became the school's namesake.
Amos Adams Lawrence
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Amos Adams Lawrence
- 1 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 12/28/2018).
- 2 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Cambridge, Vol. 1, p. 426, Birth record for Amos Adams Lawrence, born in Boston.
- 3 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1841-1910, Brookline, Vol. 374, p. 252, Death record for Amos A Lawrence.
- 4 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1911-1915, Medford, Vol. 1915/50 Death, p. 511, Death certificate for daughter Sarah L Brooks.
- 5 NEHGS Membership Applications, 1845-1900, 1892, p. 7:1, Membership application for Frederic Cunningham.
- 6 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1931, Vol. 85, p. 103.
- 7 Watson, Marston, Royal Families: Americans of Royal and Noble Ancestry, Volume 3, Samuel Appleton and His Wife Judith Everard . . ., Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (2007), 302.
- 8 Wikipedia, "Amos Adams Lawrence", (accessed 12/28/2018).
- 9 Wikipedia, "William Lawrence (bishop)", (accessed 07/26/2023).