Susan B. Anthony
Women's Rights Advocate
- 5th Great-grandfather of Susan B. Anthony — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Coggeshall
- Ann Butter
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 9 Dec 1601
- Christening Location:
- Halstead, Essex, England
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- 27 Nov 1647
- Burial Location:
- Coggeshall Cemetery, Newport, Newport Co., Rhode Island
- Spouse Name:
- Mary -----
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1624
- Marriage Location:
John Coggeshall Jr. (Ahnentafel No:66 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Coggeshall
- 1 Rhode Island Roots: Journal of the Rhode Island Genealogical Society, 1991, Vol. 17, p. 71.
- 2 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol . 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 136, 405-409.
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol . 2, G-O, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 906.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (20 15), 71.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles and others, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. II, C-F , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001), 400-401.
- 6 Brenneman, Richard E., "Notable Kin - New England in Hollywood, Part Three: The Possible Rhode Island Ancestry of Ma rilyn Monroe", www.americanancestors.org/notable-kin-the-possible-rhode-island-ancestry-of-marilyn-monroe, (accessed 10/09/2014).
- 7 Coggeshall, Charles Pierce and Thellwell Russell Coggeshall, The Coggeshalls in America: Genealogy of the Descendants of John Coggeshall of Newport wit h a Brief Notice . . ., Boston, Massachusetts: C. E. Goodspeed and Company (1930), 6-12.
- 8 Emery, William M., The Howland Heirs: Being the Story of a Family and a Fortune and the Inheritance of a Trust E stablished . . ., New Bedford, Massachusetts: E. Anthony and Sons, Inc. (1919), 35-36.
- 9 Luther, George A., editor and compiler, The Luther Genealogy: A Histor y of the Descendants of Captain John Luther, Who Arrived in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, 163 0-1635, Penobscot Press (2001), 117.
- 10 Sitherwood, Frances Grimes, Throckmorton Family History: Being the Record of the Throckmortons in the United States of Am erica . . ., Bloomington, Illinois: Pantagraph Printing and Stationery Co. (1929), 55.
- 11 Thurston, Charles Myrick, Genealogy of Charles Myrick Thurston and of his Wife Rachel Hall Pitman, New York: John F. Trow and Co. (1865), 49-50.
- 12 Wikipedia, "John Coggeshall", (accessed 02/24/2012).
- 13 Wilson, Lelia Morse, Ten Generations from William and Mary Dyer, Pioneer Settlers in Newport, Rhode Island, Putnam, Connecticut: Case, Lockwood and Brainard (1949), 53.