Susan B. Anthony
Women's Rights Advocate
- 5th Great-grandmother of Susan B. Anthony — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1604
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 8 Nov 1684
- Death Location:
- Newport, Newport Co., Rhode Island
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- John Coggeshall
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1624
- Marriage Location:
John Coggeshall Jr. (Ahnentafel No:66 )
Some sources say Mary's maiden name is Holmes or Stanton.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Mary -----
- 1 Rhode Island Roots: Journal of the Rhode Island Genealogical Society, 1991, Vol. 17, p. 71.
- 2 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol . 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 406.
- 3 Brenneman, Richard E., "Notable Kin - New England in Hollywood, Part Three: The Possible Rhode Island Ancestry of Ma rilyn Monroe", www.americanancestors.org/notable-kin-the-possible-rhode-island-ancestry-of-marilyn-monroe, (accessed 10/09/2014).
- 4 Coggeshall, Charles Pierce and Thellwell Russell Coggeshall, The Coggeshalls in America: Genealogy of the Descendants of John Coggeshall of Newport wit h a Brief Notice . . ., Boston, Massachusetts: C. E. Goodspeed and Company (1930), 6-12.
- 5 Emery, William M., The Howland Heirs: Being the Story of a Family and a Fortune and the Inheritance of a Trust E stablished . . ., New Bedford, Massachusetts: E. Anthony and Sons, Inc. (1919), 35-36.
- 6 Sitherwood, Frances Grimes, Throckmorton Family History: Being the Record of the Throckmortons in the United States of Am erica . . ., Bloomington, Illinois: Pantagraph Printing and Stationery Co. (1929), 55.
- 7 Thurston, Charles Myrick, Genealogy of Charles Myrick Thurston and of his Wife Rachel Hall Pitman, New York: John F. Trow and Co. (1865), 49-50.
- 8 Wikipedia, "John Coggeshall", (accessed 02/24/2012).
- 9 Wilson, Lelia Morse, Ten Generations from William and Mary Dyer, Pioneer Settlers in Newport, Rhode Island, Putnam, Connecticut: Case, Lockwood and Brainard (1949), 53.