Musician, Film Composer
- 7th Great-grandfather of Mark Isham — 10th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1635
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- from 15 May 1706 to 24 May 1708
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Mary Redman
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1667
- Marriage Location:
John Weeks (Ahnentafel No:424 )
Leonard Weeks's surname is also seen as Weekes.
Leonard Weeks may have married an unknown daughter of Samuel Haines. Samuel Haines mentions Leonard as a son-in-law in his 1682 will. However, there is also the possibility that Leonard Weekes was a step-son and that Samuel Haines married Leonard's mother after the death of his wife Eleanor Neate. The problem is that Samuel's wife mentioned in his 1682 will is not named. If it is Eleanor still living, then the step-son theory would be false. There have been claims that Leonard Weeke's first wife was a daughter of Samuel Haines named Mary. But it has since been shown that Mary is actually Mary Redman, daughter of John Redman.
Additional marriages for Leonard Weeks
- Elizabeth - - - - - -
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 23 Apr 1706
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Leonard Weeks
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1885, Vol. 39, pp. 234-235.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1869, Vol. 23, pp. 151, 432.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 1939, Vol. 16, p. 164.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. III, G- H, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2003), 192.
- 5 Chapman, Rev. Jacob, Leonard Weeks of Greenland, N. H. and Descendants, 1639-1888, Albany, New York: Joel Munsell's Sons, Publishers (1889), 1-5.
- 6 Little, George Thomas, comp., Genealogical and Family History of the State of Maine, Volume 1
, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1909), 361-362, 365.
- 7 Noyes, Sybil, et. al., Genealogical Dictionary of Maine and New Hampshire, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1979), 732-733.
- 8 Stearns, Ezra S., ed., Genealogical and Family History of the State of New Hampshire: A Record of the Achievements o f Her People . . ., Vol. 4, Chicago: The Lewis Publishing Company (1908), 1748.