Musician, Film Composer
- 7th Great-grandmother of Mark Isham — 10th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Josiah Jones
- Lydia Treadway
- Birth Date:
- 10 Dec 1672
- Birth Location:
- Watertown, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 11 Apr 1729
- Death Location:
- Weston, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Lexington, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- John Brewer
- Marriage Date:
- 5 Jul 1693
- Marriage Location:
- Sudbury, Middlesex, Massachusetts
Submit Brewer (Ahnentafel No:433 )
Mary Jones is referred to as Hannah Jones in her 1693 marriage record. This apparently is an error as other records give her name as Mary. One other possibility is that a Hannah Jones did marry John Brewer and died very soon after the wedding. John would then have married Mary Jones quickly after. This scenario seems less likely than the marriage record simply being in error.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Mary Jones
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 11/26/2019).
- 2 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Watertown, Vol. 2, p. 40, Birth record for daughterSubmit Bruer.
- 3 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Weston, Vol. 1, p. 389, Death record for Mary Brewer.
- 4 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Sudbury, Vol. 1, p. 226, Marriage record for John Brewer and Hannah [sic] Jones.
- 5 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Watertown, Vol. 1, p. 36, Birth record for Mary Jones.
- 6 Bond, Henry, Family Memorials: Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watert own, Massachusetts, Vol. 1, Boston: Little, Brown & Company (1855), 92-93.
- 7 Crane, Ellery Bicknell, ed., Historic Homes and Institutions and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs of Worcester County, Ma ssachusetts, Vol. 1, New York and Chicago: The Lewis Publishing Company (1907), 534.
- 8 Ward, Andrew Henshaw, A Genealogical History of the Rice Family: Descendants of Deacon Edmund Rice, Who Came From B erkhamstead, England . . ., Boston: C. Benjamin Richardson (1858), 11, gives Mary's name as Hannah.