Short Story Writer
- 2nd Great-grandfather of O. Henry — 5th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Joseph Worth
- Lydia Gorham
- Birth Date:
- 10 Feb 1739
- Birth Location:
- Sherburne, Nantucket, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 10 Jul 1830
- Death Location:
- Centre (near Polecat Creek), Greensboro, Guilford, North Carolina
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Eunice Hussey
- Marriage Date:
- 9 Feb 1764
- Marriage Location:
- Nantucket, Nantucket Co., Massachusetts
David Worth (Ahnentafel No:10 )
Daniel Worth removed from Nantucket, Massachusetts, to Guilford County, North Carolina.
Daniel's birth date was recorded as "10th 12mo. 1739" which would translate to 10 FEB 1739 and not DEC.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Daniel Worth
- 1 Federal Census, NC, Guilford County, 1800, Salisbury, Image 9 of 76.
- 2 General Society of Mayflower Descendants Membership Applications, 1620-1920, General No. 7322, Membership application for Horace Waldo Porter.
- 3 General Society of Mayflower Descendants Membership Applications, 1620-1920, General No. 20124, Membership application for Francis Logan Porter.
- 4 History of North Carolina, Vol. 6: North Carolina Biography, Chicago and New York: The Lewis Publishing Company (1919), 290.
- 5 Sons of the Revolution in State of Virginia Quarterly Magazine, 1922, Vol. 1, No. 1, p. 44.
- 6 U.S., Quaker Meeting Records, 1681-1935, Deep River Monthly Meeting, Marriage record for son David Worth and Eunice Gardner.
- 7 Nantucket Historical Society, The Barney Genealogical Record, (accessed 05/08/2020).
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 206.
- 9 White, Elizabeth Pearson, John Howland of the Mayflower, Vol. 1, Camden, Maine: Picton Press (1990, 7th printing 2014), 150, 344, 598-599.