Helen (Herron) Taft
First Lady of President William H. Taft
- 12th Great-grandfather of Helen (Herron) Taft — 15th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Thomas de Umfreville
- Joan de Roddam
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 27 Jan 1436/1437
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Newminster Abbey, Northumberland, England
- Spouse Name:
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
(probable) William Umfreville (Ahnentafel No:14720 )
Deputy Admiral of England
Sir Robert de Umfreville is said to have moved to Missenden, Buckinghamshire, where he became a monk at Missenden Abbey. He is said to have left his illegitimate son William with the abbot of Missenden.
Robert de Umfreville
Additional marriages for Robert de Umfreville
- Isabel - - - - - -
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Robert de Umfreville
- 1 Harwood, H. W. Forsyth, ed., The Genealogist: A Quarterly Magazine of Genealogical, Antiquarian, Topographical and Heraldi c Research, Volume 26, London: George Bell and Sons (1910), 208-209.
- 2 Mackenzie, E., An Historical, Topographical, and Descriptive View of the County of Northumberland, and o f . . ., Vol. 2, Newcastle upon Tyne: Mackenzie and Dent (1825), 367.
- 3 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. IV, p. 17.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 530.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 405.