Stephen A. Douglas
Participated in Lincoln-Douglas Debates
- 4th Great-grandfather of Stephen A. Douglas — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1613
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- 21 Jun 1681
- Burial Location:
- Milford, New Haven, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Mary Bruen
- Marriage Date:
- Nov 1653
- Marriage Location:
Hannah Baldwin (Ahnentafel No:49 )
Additional marriages for John Baldwin
- Mary Camp
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 1640
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Baldwin
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Milford, p. 6, Birth record for daughter Abigail Baldwin.
- 2 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Milford, p. 15, Birth record for son Richard Baldwin.
- 3 Abbott, Susan Woodruff, Families of Early Milford, Connecticut, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co. (1979), 14-15, 17.
- 4 Baldwin, Charles Candee, The Baldwin Genealogy, From 1500 to 1881, Cleveland, Ohio: Leader Printing Company (1881), 297-300, 411.
- 5 Connecticut Society of Genealogists, The Connecticut Nutmegger, 1995, Vol. 28, p. 594.
- 6 Cutter, William Richard, American Biography: A New Cyclopedia, Vol. 6, New York: The American Historical Society, Inc. (1919), 202.
- 7 Jacobus, Donald Lines, ed., The Ancestry of Lorenzo Ackley and his Wife Emma Arabella Bosworth, Woodstock, Vermont: N. Grier Parke, II (1960), 172, 247-250.
- 8 Pierce, Frederick Clifton, Fiske and Fisk Family: Being the Record of the Descendants of Symond Fiske, Lord of the Mano r of Stadhaugh, . . ., Chicago, Illinois: Press of W. B. Conkey Company (1896), 75.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#58 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: Elizabeth Boyd Roberts: A Genealogica l Tribute with 50 New . . .", (accessed 07/10/2017).
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#77 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: An Assortment of Famous Actors", (accessed 10/02/2014).
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 58.
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 69, 117.
- 13 Tuttle, George Frederick, The Descendants of William and Elizabeth Tuttle, Who Came from Old to New England in 1635, an d Settled in New Haven . . ., Rutland, Vermont: Tuttle and Company (1883), 631.
- 14 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America Before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 42.