TV and Movie Actor
- 9th Great-grandfather of Rainn Wilson — 12th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Thomas Minor
- Grace Palmer
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 25 Aug 1644
- Christening Location:
- Hingham, Plymouth, Massachusetts
- Death Date:
- 31 Jan 1712
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Old Taugwonk Cemetery, Stonington, New London, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Mary Avery
- Marriage Date:
- 28 Oct 1668
- Marriage Location:
Prudence Minor (Ahnentafel No:1699 )
Dr. Joseph Minor's surname is also seen as Miner.
Additional marriages for Joseph Minor
- Bridget Chesebrough
- Marriage Date:
- 7 Dec 1709
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Joseph Minor
- 1 Connecticut Births and Christenings, 1649-1906, Birth record for daughter Marie Minor.
- 2 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 06/20/2019).
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 2, G-O, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1264.
- 4 Baldwin, John Denison and William Clift, A Record of the Descendants of Capt. George Denison, of Stonington, Conn. . . ., Worcester: Printed by Tyler and Seagrave (1881), 183.
- 5 Connecticut Society of Genealogists, The Connecticut Nutmegger, 2004, Vol. 37, p. 282.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#78 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: Ten Further Hollywood Figures (or Groups Thereof)", (accessed 10/06/2014).
- 7 Sprague, Warren Vincent, Sprague Families in America, Rutland, Vermont: The Tuttle Company, Printers (1913), 16.
- 8 Wheeler, Richard Anson, History of the Town of Stonington, County of New London, Connecticut, From its First Settlement in 1649 to 1900, New London, Connecticut: Press of the Day Publishing Company (1900), 293.
- 9 Wheeler, Richard Anson, History of the Town of Stonington, County of New London, Connecticut, From its First Settlement in 1649 to 1900, New London, Connecticut: Press of the Day Publishing Company (1900), 201, 466, 468.
- 10 White, Elizabeth Pearson, John Howland of the Mayflower, Vol. 1, Camden, Maine: Picton Press (1990, 7th printing 2014), 114.
- 11 White, Lorraine Cook, ed., Connecticut Town Birth Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection), originally published as The Barbour Collection of Connecticut Town Vital Records, Vols. 1-55, Stonington, p. 255, Birth record for daughter Marie Miner.
- 12 Wildey, Anna Chesebrough, Genealogy of the Descendants of William Chesebrough of Boston, Rehoboth, Mass., New York: Press of T. A. Wright (1903), 20.