Radio Disc Jockey
- 8th Great-grandfather of Shadoe Stevens — 11th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Stephen Post
- Elinor Panton
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 13 Sep 1629
- Christening Location:
- Otham, Kent, England
- Death Date:
- 27 Nov 1710
- Death Location:
- Norwich, New London, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Old Norwichtown Cemetery, Norwich, New London, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Hester Hyde
- Marriage Date:
- Mar 1652
- Marriage Location:
- Saybrook, Middlesex, Connecticut
Margaret Post (Ahnentafel No:907 )
- Most genealogists show 10 FEB 1710/11 as the date of John's death, yet the source they quote from the "Vital Records of Norwich Connecticut, 1659-1848, 2 parts (Hartford, Conn.: Society of Colonial Wars, 1913), 1:25-26" states John's death as 27 NOV 1710. For example, the NEHGR, Jan 2006, Vol. 160, p33 quotes this source with the wrong date. The most recent case was Gary Boyd Roberts perpetuating the mistake in his 2009 version of "Ancestors of American Presidents."
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Post
- 1 Connecticut Births and Christenings, 1649-1906, Birth record for daughter Elizabeth Post.
- 2 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 05/09/2013).
- 3 New England Ancestors Magazine, 2002, Vol. 3.5, p. 36.
- 4 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, January 2006, Vol. 160, Page 33, [Christening].
- 5 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 2002, Vol. 156, p. 364.
- 6 New Haven, CT: Families of Ancient New Haven, Vol. 2, p. 358.
- 7 Saybrook, CT: Vital Records, 1647-1834, Page 5, Birth record for daughter Sarah Post.
- 8 Saybrook, CT: Vital Records, 1647-1834, Page 5, Marriage record for John Post and Esther Hide.
- 9 Vital Records of Norwich Connecticut, 1659-1848 (Online database), New England Historic Genealogical Society (2007), 26, [Death].
- 10 Abell, Horace A., The Abell Family in America: Robert Abell of Rehoboth, Mass., his English Ancestry and his Descendants . . ., Rutland, Vermont: Tuttle Publishing Company (1940), 49, 58.
- 11 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. V, M-P, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2007), 499.
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#74 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: The New England Ancestry of Actor Richard [Tiffany] Gere", (accessed 10/09/2014).
- 13 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 58.
- 14 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 69.
- 15 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 474.
- 16 Walworth, Reuben H., Hyde Genealogy; or the Descendants in the Female as well as in the Male Lines, from William Hyde, of Norwich (2 vols.), Albany, NY: J. Munsell (1864), 4-5.
- 17 Watkins, Walter K. and Eben Putnam, New England Ancestry of Grover Cleveland, President of the United States, Salem, Massachusetts: The Salem Press (1892), 13, 15.