Poet and Playwright
- 9th Generation — 6th Great-grandmother of Robert Frost
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 3 Feb 1709
- Death Location:
- Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- John Emery Jr.
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 1650
- Marriage Location:
- Mary Emery
Some sources incorrectly claim Mary was John Emery's stepsister Mary Webster. This is not the case. Other sources suggest her maiden name was Whipple. More research is needed.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Mary -----
- 1 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase), New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008), Newbury Deaths, Vol. 2, Page 590, Death record for Mary Emery.
- 2 The American Genealogist, New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online), 1940, Vol. 17, Page 96-99, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles and others, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. II, C-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001), 449.
- 4 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American Presidential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 420-421.
- 5 Davis, Walter Goodwin, The Ancestry of Phoebe Tilton, 1775-1847, Portland, Maine: Anthoensen Press (1947), 189, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 6 Emery, Rev. Rufus, Genealogical Records of Descendants of John and Anthony Emery, of Newbury, Mass. 15901890, Salem, Massachusetts: Emery Cleaves (1890), 2, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 7 Emery, Rev. Rufus, et. al., Emery: Four Generations of the Descendants of John Emery, Sen., of Newbury, Mass., and Anthony Emery of Kittery, Maine, Salem, Massachusetts: Emery Cleaves (1889), 4, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#66 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: New England Ancestors of Depression-Era Novelist John Steinbeck", (accessed 10/16/2014), New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 147.