Revolutionary War Hero
- Father of Ethan Allen — 2nd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Samuel Allen
- Mercy Wright
- Birth Date:
- 14 Oct 1708
- Birth Location:
- Deerfield, Franklin, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 14 Apr 1756
- Death Location:
- Cornwall, Litchfield, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Allen Cemetery, Cornwall, Litchfield, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Mary Baker
- Marriage Date:
- 11 Mar 1736/1737
- Marriage Location:
- Litchfield, Litchfield Co., Connecticut
Ethan Allen (Ahnentafel No:1 )
Most sources list Joseph Allen and Mary Baker's marriage date as 11 MAR 1736/1737. The marriage date listed in the Barbour Collection, which also includes the minister's name, is 11 MAR 1730. It appears that the error is with the Barbour Collection, but it's possible that this is the correct date.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Joseph Allen
- 1 Connecticut Births and Christenings, 1649-1906, Birth record for son Ethan Allen.
- 2 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Litchfield, p. 3, Marriage record for Joseph Allen and Mary Baker.
- 3 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Cornwall, p. 3, Death record for Joseph Alling.
- 4 Daughters of the American Revolution Magazine, 1920, Vol. 54, No. 7, p. 538.
- 5 Find A Grave, (accessed 02/27/2014).
- 6 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Deerfield, Vol. 1, p. 12, Birth record for Joseph Allyn.
- 7 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1982, Vol. 136, p. 309.
- 8 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1850, Vol. 4, p. 358.
- 9 The American Genealogist, 1971, Vol. 47, p. 102.
- 10 Allen, Willard S., A Genealogy of Samuel Allen, of Windsor, Ct. and Some of His Descendants, Boston: David Clapp and Son, Printers (1876), 6.
- 11 Cothren, William, History of Ancient Woodbury, Connecticut, from the First Indian Deed in 1659 to 1872, Vol. 2, Woodbury, Connecticut: The Stafford Printing Office (1872), 1470.
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd and William Addams Reitwiesner, American Ancestors and Cousins of The Princess of Wales, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1984), 35.
- 13 Seaver, J. Montgomery, Allen Family Records, Philadelphia: American Historical-Genealogical Society (1929), 20.
- 14 White, Lorraine Cook, ed., Connecticut, U.S., Town Marriage Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection), originally published as The Barbour Collection of Connecticut Town Vital Records, Vol. 1-55, Litchfield Vital Records 1719-1854, p. 3, Marriage record for Joseph Allen and Mary Baker.
- 15 White, Lorraine Cook, ed., Connecticut, U.S., Town Marriage Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection), originally published as The Barbour Collection of Connecticut Town Vital Records, Vol. 1-55, Litchfield Vital Records 1719-1854, p. 3, Birth record of son Ethan Allen.
- 16 Wikipedia, "Ethan Allen", (accessed 02/27/2014).