Singer and Songwriter
- 3rd Great-grandmother of Taylor Swift — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- George Washington Hawkins
- Avis Sheldon
- Birth Date:
- 14 Dec 1818
- Birth Location:
- Burlington, Otsego, New York
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 28 Feb 1894
- Death Location:
- Edinboro, Erie, Pennsylvania
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Edinboro Cemetery, Edinboro, Erie, Pennsylvania
- Spouse Name:
- Julius Swift
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1840
- Marriage Location:
Hannah Rosette Swift
Charles Julius Swift (Ahnentafel No:16 )
Julius Dulles Swift
Huldah Janet Swift
A letter from Lydia Swift to an unnamed sister mentions the death of her dear brother (brother-in-law?) who was “always a near brother to me.” The letter also mentions her son Ceylon, (sister?) Diana, and brothers Hopy and (George?) Washington. (Letter dated 22 APR 1875)
A letter from Uriah Hawkins to his sister Lydia Hawkins Swift establishes their relationship. The letter was sent to inform Lydia about her brother John's death. (Letter dated 04 APR 1872)
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Lydia Hawkins
- 1 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A112023.
- 2 Federal Census, PA, Erie County, 1850, Washington, Image 37 of 41.
- 3 Federal Census, PA, Erie County, 1860, Washington, p. 137, Image 32 of 49.
- 4 Federal Census, PA, Erie County, 1870, Washington, Image 32 of 49.
- 5 Federal Census, PA, Erie County, 1880, Washington, E.D. 175, p. 5, Image 5 of 40.
- 6 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 05/06/2014).
- 7 Michigan Death Certificates, 1921-1952, Death certificate for daughter Hannah Rosette Swift.
- 8 Ancestors of David Kipp Conover, Jr., Copy of Original Letter from Lydia Swift to Unnamed Sister, 22 APR 1875, (accessed 05/09/2014).
- 9 Ancestors of David Kipp Conover, Jr., Transcription of Letter from Uriah Hawkins to sister Lydia Hawkins Swift, 04 APR 1872, (accessed 05/09/2014).
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 377.