Ancestry of Colonel
Robert Gould Shaw
U.S. Civil War leader of film “Glory” fame
- 5th Great-grandmother of Robert Gould Shaw — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Leonard Chester
- Mary Sharpe
- Birth Date:
- 5 Nov 1637
- Birth Location:
- Wethersfield, Hartford, Connecticut
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 15 or 16 FEB 1712/1713
- Death Location:
- Billerica, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Samuel Whiting Jr.
- Marriage Date:
- 12 Nov 1656
- Marriage Location:
- Charlestown (now Boston), Suffolk, England
Samuel Whiting (Ahnentafel No:94 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Dorcas Chester
- 1 Charlestown, MA: Vital Records to 1850, Vol. 1, p. 20, Marriage record for Samuel Whiting and Dorcas Chester.
- 2 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Billerica Births, Vol. 1, p. 200, Birth record for son Samuel Whiting.
- 3 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Billerica Deaths, Vol. 1, p. 402.
- 4 The American Genealogist, 1977, Vol. 53, p. 74.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol . 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 348.
- 6 Browning, Charles H., Americans of Royal Descent: A Collection of Genealogies of American Families Whose Lineage i s Traced to . . ., 2nd Ed., Philadelphia: Porter and Coates (1891), 448.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 193.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 118.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 443.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States ( 2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 758.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 498.
- 12 Whiting, William, Memoir of Rev. Samuel Whiting, D.D., and of his wife, Elizabeth St. John, Boston: Press of Rand, Avery, and Company (1873), 196-199, 205-206.