Bathsheba (Ruggles) Spooner
First woman executed for murder in U.S. by non-British government
- 7th Generation — 4th Great-grandfather of Bathsheba (Ruggles) Spooner
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- BEF 9 May 1589
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Susanna Thorne
- Marriage Date:
- 8 Jun 1575
- Marriage Location:
- Lidlington, Bedfordshire, England
- Thomas Dudley
The father of Roger Dudley is believed to be Sir Henry Dudley, son of John Sutton alias Dudley, 3rd Baron Dudley, and Cecily Grey. Gary Roberts refers to this parentage as "likely but not fully proved." More evidence is needed to prove this.
Some sources claim the father of Roger Dudley is Thomas Dudley whose wife had a maiden name of Threheld. This appears to be incorrect.
Roger Dudley is said to have been killed in battle, possibly at the Siege of Zutphen in 1586.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Roger Dudley
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), JUL 1988, Vol. 142, Page 233.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1911, Vol. 65, p. 189.
- 3 The American Genealogist, New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online), 1932, Vol. 9, pp. 221, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 4 The American Genealogist, New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online), 1959, Vol. 35, p. 27, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 5 The Cambridge Historical Society, Publications 14, Proceedings for the Year 1919, Cambridge, Massachusetts: by the Society (1926), 83.
- 6 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 584.
- 7 Barthelmas, Della Gray, The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference, Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997), 278.
- 8 McLean, Hulda Hoover, Genealogy of the Herbert Hoover Family, Stanford, California: The Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace, Stanford University (1967), fold-out chart between pages 4 and 5.
- 9 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. 2, pp. 476-477.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 214, 216.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 360-361, 663.
- 12 Watson, Marston, Royal Families: Americans of Royal and Noble Ancestry, Volume 1, Governor Thomas Dudley and Descendants . . ., 2nd Ed., Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (2004), 1, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 13 Wikipedia, "Thomas Dudley", (accessed 04/27/2011).