2nd Governor of Rhode Island
- Great-grandmother of William Greene — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Almy
- Audrey Barlow
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 26 Feb 1626/1627
- Christening Location:
- South Kilworth, Leicestershire, England
- Death Date:
- 6 May 1709
- Death Location:
- Warwick, Kent, Rhode Island
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- John Greene Jr.
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 10 Aug 1649
- Marriage Location:
Samuel Greene (Ahnentafel No:4 )
Some sources list Annis's death as 17 MAY 1709.
Annis Almy's given name is also seen as Anne.
View famous kin of Annis Almy
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Annis Almy
- 1 Dutchess County, NY: The Settlers of the Beekman Patent, Vol. 4, p. 297.
- 2 Rhode Island: Vital Records, 1636-1850, Vol. 1, p. 2, Death record for Ann Greene.
- 3 Rhode Island: Vital Records, 1636-1850, Kent County, Vol. 1, p. 1-165, Birth record for daughter Deborah Greene.
- 4 The Newport Historical Magazine, Newport, Rhode Island: Newport Historical Publishing Co., 1883, Vol. 4, p. 194.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. III, G-H, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2003), 144.
- 6 Anderson, Robert Charles and others, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. I, A-B, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1999), 44.
- 7 Baker, Henry A., comp., History of Montville, Connecticut: Formerly the North Parish of New London from 1640 to 1896, Hartford, Connecticut: The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Co. (1896), 235-236.
- 8 Brenneman, Richard E., "Notable Kin - New England in Hollywood, Part Three: The Possible Rhode Island Ancestry of Marilyn Monroe", www.americanancestors.org/notable-kin-the-possible-rhode-island-ancestry-of-marilyn-monroe, (accessed 10/09/2014).
- 9 Carter, Jeff, Ancestors of Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland and Company, Inc. (2012), 53.
- 10 De Rapaljé, Joris Janssen, Historic Families of America: William Almy, of Portsmouth, Rhode Island, 1630, Chicago: Published by Charles Kingsbury Miller (1897), 12, 15-16.
- 11 Fenno-Gendrot, Almira Torrey Blake, The Ancestry and Allied Families of Nathan Blake 3rd and Susan (Torrey) Blake, Early Residents of East Corinth, Vermont, Boston, Massachusetts: Published by the Author, at the Stanhope Press (1916), 92-94.
- 12 Greene, Major-General George Sears and Mrs. Louise Brownell Clarke, The Greenes of Rhode Island, New York: The Knickerbocker Press (1903), 61.
- 13 Putnam, Eben, The Holden Genealogy: Ancestry and Descendants of Richard and Justinian Holden and of Randall Holden, Volume 1, Cambridge: Press of The Murray Printing Company (1923), 392.
- 14 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, editor, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 2nd edition, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011), Vol. 1, p. 123.
- 15 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 215.
- 16 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 881.
- 17 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 925.
- 18 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 491.
- 19 Torrey, Frederic Crosby, The Torrey Families and Their Children in America, Vol. 1, Lakehurst, New Jersey: n. p. (1924), 29.
- 20 Wikipedia, "John Green, Jr.", _Jr., (accessed 12/02/2014).
William Greene photo by Sarnold17 (CC BY-SA 3.0)