2nd Governor of Rhode Island
- 4th Generation — Great-grandmother of William Greene
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Almy
- Audrey Barlow
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 26 Feb 1626/1627
- Christening Location:
- South Kilworth, Leicestershire, England
- Death Date:
- 6 May 1709
- Death Location:
- Warwick, Kent, Rhode Island
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- John Greene Jr.
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 10 Aug 1649
- Marriage Location:
- Samuel Greene
Some sources list Annis's death as 17 MAY 1709.
Annis Almy's given name is also seen as Anne.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Annis Almy
- 1 Dutchess County, NY: The Settlers of the Beekman Patent, Vol. 4, p. 297, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Rhode Island: Vital Records, 1636-1850, Vol. 1, p. 2, Death record for Ann Greene, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 The Newport Historical Magazine, Newport, Rhode Island: Newport Historical Publishing Co., 1883, Vol. 4, p. 194, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. III, G-H, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2003), 144.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles and others, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. I, A-B, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1999), 44.
- 6 Baker, Henry A., comp., History of Montville, Connecticut: Formerly the North Parish of New London from 1640 to 1896, Hartford, Connecticut: The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Co. (1896), 235-236, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 7 Brenneman, Richard E., "Notable Kin - New England in Hollywood, Part Three: The Possible Rhode Island Ancestry of Marilyn Monroe", www.americanancestors.org/notable-kin-the-possible-rhode-island-ancestry-of-marilyn-monroe, (accessed 10/09/2014), New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 8 Carter, Jeff, Ancestors of Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland and Company, Inc. (2012), 53.
- 9 Clarke, Mrs. Louise Brownell, The Greenes of Rhode Island, New York: The Knickerbocker Press (1903), 61, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 10 De Rapaljé, Joris Janssen, Historic Families of America: William Almy, of Portsmouth, Rhode Island, 1630, Chicago: Published by Charles Kingsbury Miller (1897), 12, 15-16, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 11 Fenno-Gendrot, Almira Torrey Blake, The Ancestry and Allied Families of Nathan Blake 3rd and Susan (Torrey) Blake, Early Residents of East Corinth, Vermont, Boston, Massachusetts: Published by the Author, at the Stanhope Press (1916), 92-94, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 12 Putnam, Eben, The Holden Genealogy: Ancestry and Descendants of Richard and Justinian Holden and of Randall Holden, Volume 1, Cambridge: Press of The Murray Printing Company (1923), 392, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 13 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, editor, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 2011 Edition, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011), Vol. 1, p. 123.
- 14 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 215.
- 15 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 881.
- 16 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 925.
- 17 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 491.
- 18 Wikipedia, "John Green, Jr.", (accessed 12/02/2014).