“The Witch of Wall Street”
- 5th Great-grandfather of Hetty Green — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Henry Howland
- Margaret -----
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1600
- Birth Location:
- prob. Fenstanton, Huntingdonshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 1 Jan 1670/1671
- Death Location:
- Duxbury, Plymouth, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Mary -----
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1623
- Marriage Location:
Zoeth Howland (Ahnentafel No:96 )
Henry Howland may haved had two children, one named William who was baptized at St. Giles Cripplegate, London, England 02 MAY 1624, and another named Mary who was buried there 13 AUG 1625.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Henry Howland
- 1 Dutchess County, NY: The Settlers of the Beekman Patent, Vol. 7, pp. 956-957.
- 2 New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, 1904, Vol. 35, p. 257.
- 3 The Mayflower Descendant, 1989, Vol. 39, p. 21.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 2, G-O, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1016-1019, 1023.
- 5 Brenneman, Richard E., "Notable Kin - New England in Hollywood, Part Three: The Possible Rhode Island Ancestry of Marilyn Monroe", www.americanancestors.org/notable-kin-the-possible-rhode-island-ancestry-of-marilyn-monroe, (accessed 10/09/2014).
- 6 Johnson, Caleb H., "Henry Howland of Fenstanton, Huntingdonshire: Father of Mayflower Passenger John Howland", (accessed 06/09/2020).
- 7 Jordan, John W., ed., Colonial Families of Philadelphia, Vol. 2, New York and Chicago: The Lewis Publishing Company (1911), 1484.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#55 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: Notable Descendants of Henry and Margaret (----) Howland of . . .", (accessed 10/29/2014).
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 28, 117, 127.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 608-609, 615-616, 618-623, 625-627.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 447.