John Quincy Adams
6th U.S. President
- 1st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Adams Jr.
- Abigail Quincy Smith
- Birth Date:
- 11 Jul 1767
- Birth Location:
- Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 23 Feb 1848
- Death Location:
- Washington, D.C.
- Burial Date:
- 16 Dec 1852
- Burial Location:
- Stone Temple, Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- 6th President of the United States
John Quincy Adams
Marriages for John Quincy Adams
- Louisa Catherine Johnson
- Marriage Date:
- 26 Jul 1797
- Marriage Location:
- All Hallows Barking Parish, London, England
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Quincy Adams
- 1 American Ancestors Magazine, Spring 2010, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 49-50.
- 2 Barthelmas, Della Gray, The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference, Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997), 12.
- 3 Cutter, William Richard, Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of the State of Massachusetts, Volume 1, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1910), 544.
- 4 Levin, Phyllis Lee, Abigail Adams: A Biography, New York: Thomas Dunne Books, An imprint of St. Martin's Press (2001), chart at front of book.
- 5 McCullough, David, John Adams, New York: Simon & Schuster (2001), 58.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 192.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 1, 214.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 375.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd and William Addams Reitwiesner, American Ancestors and Cousins of The Princess of Wales, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1984), 34.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 432, 465-466, 468-470.
- 11 The Massachusetts Historical Society, "Adams Time Line (1735-1889)", (accessed 08/02/2011).
- 12 Wikipedia, "John Quincy Adams", (accessed 02/26/2010).
- 13 Wilson, Daniel Munro and Charles Francis Adams, John Quincy, Master of Mount Wollaston; Provincial Statesman; Colonel of the Suffolk Regiment . . ., Boston: Geo. H Ellis Co. (1909), 73.