John Quincy Adams
6th U.S. President
- 2nd Generation — Father of John Quincy Adams
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Adams
- Susannah Boylston
- Birth Date:
- 30 Oct 1735
- Birth Location:
- Braintree, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 4 Jul 1826
- Death Location:
- Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Stone Temple, United First Parish Church, Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- Abigail Quincy Smith
- Marriage Date:
- 25 Oct 1764
- Marriage Location:
- Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- John Quincy Adams
2nd President of the United States
Declaration of Independence
Birthdate was 19 OCT 1735 o.s.
John Adams Jr.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Adams Jr.
- 1 Braintree Massachusetts Vital Records, Births, Vol. 1, p. 202, Birth record for John Adams.
- 2 Find A Grave, (accessed 03/04/2014).
- 3 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase), New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008), Weymouth, Vol. 2, p. 11, Marriage record for John Adams and Abigail Smith.
- 4 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1982, Vol. 136, p. 308.
- 5 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1898, Vol. 52, p. 422.
- 6 Barthelmas, Della Gray, The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference, Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997), 7-15.
- 7 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American Presidential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 100-135.
- 8 Levin, Phyllis Lee, Abigail Adams: A Biography, New York: Thomas Dunne Books, An imprint of St. Martin's Press (2001), chart at front of book.
- 9 McCullough, David, John Adams, New York: Simon & Schuster (2001).
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 139.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 1.
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 375.
- 13 Roberts, Gary Boyd and William Addams Reitwiesner, American Ancestors and Cousins of The Princess of Wales, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1984), 34, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 14 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 432, 465-466, 468-470.
- 15 The Massachusetts Historical Society, "Adams Time Line (1735-1889)", (accessed 08/02/2011).
- 16 Vinton, John Adams, The Vinton Memorial Comprising A Genealogy of the Descendants of John Vinton of Lynn, 1648, Boston: S.K. Whipple and Company (1858), 301, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 17 Wikipedia, "John Adams", (accessed 02/26/2010).
- 18 Williams, Alicia Crane, ed., Mayflower Families through Five Generations: Vol. 16, Part 1, Family of John Alden, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (1999), 492.