Abigail (Smith) Adams
First Lady of President John Adams
- Grandfather of Abigail (Smith) Adams — 3rd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Daniel Quincy
- Anna Shepard
- Birth Date:
- 21 Jul 1689
- Birth Location:
- Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 13 Jul 1767
- Death Location:
- Braintree, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Hancock Cemetery, Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Norton
- Marriage Date:
- 6 Oct 1715
- Marriage Location:
- Hingham, Plymouth, Massachusetts
Elizabeth Quincy (Ahnentafel No:3 )
- Colonel of the Suffolk Regiment and Speaker of the Massachusetts House of Representatives. The City of Quincy, Massachusetts is named in his honor.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Quincy
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 03/12/2014).
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1847, Vol. 1, p. 77.
- 3 Albro, John A., The Life of Thomas Shepard, Boston: (1870), 322.
- 4 Barthelmas, Della Gray, The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference, Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997), 12.
- 5 Bond, Henry, Family Memorials: Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watertown, Massachusetts, Vol. 1, Boston: Little, Brown & Company (1855), 109.
- 6 Budington, William I., The History of the First Church, Charlestown, in Nine Lectures, with Notes, Boston: Charles Tappan (1845), 219.
- 7 Cutter, William Richard, Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of Boston and Eastern Massachusetts, Volume 2, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1908), 593.
- 8 Hurd, D. Hamilton, comp., History of Norfolk County, Massachusetts, with Biographical Sketches of Many of Its Pioneers and Prominent Men, Philadelphia: J. W. Lewis & Co. (1884), 307-308.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 375.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 468-470.
- 11 Whitmore, W. H., ed., "The Norton Family", The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, Vol. 13 (1859), 229.
- 12 Whitmore, W. H., ed., The Heraldic Journal; Recording the Armorial Bearings and Genealogies of American Families, Vol. II, Boston: Wiggin & Lunt (1866), 5.
- 13 Wikipedia, "John Quincy", (accessed 02/27/10).
- 14 Wilson, Daniel Munro and Charles Francis Adams, John Quincy, Master of Mount Wollaston; Provincial Statesman; Colonel of the Suffolk Regiment . . ., Boston: Geo. H Ellis Co. (1909), 73, 77, 83.