13th U.S. President
- 3rd Great-grandfather of Millard Fillmore — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Richard Butler
- Elizabeth -----
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1641
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 31 Dec 1692
- Death Location:
- Wethersfield, Hartford, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Olmstead
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1664
- Marriage Location:
Mary Butler (Ahnentafel No:29 )
Some published sources claim that Samuel Butler, in addition to his wife Elizabeth Olmstead, married a sister of Elizabeth named Mary. There is no primary evidence that Elizabeth Olmstead had a sister named Mary, let alone one that survived into adulthood. Samuel Butler is believed to have only had one wife named Elizabeth that was the mother of all his children. (See T.A.G. 60 (1984), 27-32)
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Samuel Butler
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, October 1859, Vol. 13, Page 344.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 1933, Vol. 10, p. 51.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 1984, Vol. 60, pp. 27-32.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 287.
- 5 Cutter, William Richard, Genealogical and Family History of Western New York: A Record of the Achievements of Her People . . ., Vol. 1, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Co. (1912), Vol. 2, Page 695.
- 6 Cutter, William Richard, ed., New England Families: Genealogical and Memorial, Volume 2, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1913), 613, [Birth].
- 7 Cutter, William Richard, ed., New England Families: Genealogical and Memorial, Volume 2, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1913), 613, [Death].
- 8 Jacobus, Donald Lines and Edgar Francis Waterman, Hale, House and Related Families: Mainly of the Connecticut River Valley, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1978, reprinted from 1952), 657.
- 9 Jacobus, Donald Lines, ed., The Ancestry of Lorenzo Ackley and his Wife Emma Arabella Bosworth, Woodstock, Vermont: N. Grier Parke, II (1960), 142.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 448.
- 11 Torry, Clarence, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 127, [Death].