Apollo 11 Astronaut
- Grandfather of Buzz Aldrin — 3rd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Lewis Nelson Moon
- Mary E. Rose
- Birth Date:
- 12 Mar 1877
- Birth Location:
- Tuscola County, Michigan
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 28 Mar 1928
- Death Location:
- Fort Riley, Kansas
- Burial Date:
- 11 Aug 1937
- Burial Location:
- Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Arlington Co., Virginia
- Spouse Name:
- Jessie Elizabeth Ross
- Marriage Date:
- 10 Sep 1902
- Marriage Location:
- Joliet, Will, Illinois
Marion Gladys Moon (Ahnentafel No:3 )
Madeline Vanch Moon
Although the tombstone of Faye Arnold Moon gives his birth year as 1876, other primary records give the year as 1877.
Faye Arnold Moon was a Chaplain in the U.S. Army. He committed suicide at Fort Riley, Kansas, while on duty.
Faye Moon's wedding to Jessie Ross was performed by his father, Rev. Lewis Moon.
Faye Arnold Moon
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Faye Arnold Moon
- 1 Chicago Tribune (Chicago, Illinois), 18 SEP 1902, p. 3, Wedding announcement for Fay Arnold Moon and Jessie Elizabeth Ross.
- 2 Cook County, Illinois, U.S., Birth Certificates Index, 1871-1922, Birth record for daughter Madeline Vanch Moon.
- 3 Daily Register Gazette (Rockford, Illinois), 29 MAR 1928, p. 1, "Former Camp Champlain Suicide".
- 4 Federal Census, IL, DuPage County, 1910, Milton, E.D. 8, Sheet 13B, Image 25 of 40.
- 5 Federal Census, MI, Oakland County, 1880, Highland, E.D. 254, p. 20, Image 20 of 33.
- 6 Germanna Foundation Database of Descendants, ID-I002033, Record for Faye Arnold Moon.
- 7 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 03/10/2015).
- 8 Michigan, Births, 1867-1902, Birth record for Fay Moon.
- 9 Philippines, Select Marriages, 1723-1957, Marriage record for Edwin Eugene Aldrin and daughter Marion Gladys Moon.
- 10 The Miami News (Miami, Florida), 16 APR 1960, p. 15, Obituary for spouse Jessie Ross Moon.
- 11 U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca. 1775-2006, Burial record for Faye Arnold Moon.
- 12 U.S., Passport Applications, 1795-1925, 28 MAR 1923, Application for Faye Arnold Moon.