Singer, Actor and Dancer
- 11th Generation — 8th Great-grandfather of Donny Osmond
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Johnson
- Mary Heath
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 11 Feb 1615/1616
- Christening Location:
- Ware End, Great Amwell, Hertfordshire, England
- Death Date:
- 19 Dec 1675
- Death Location:
- Great Swamp Fight, Fort Naragansett, near South Kingstown, Washington, Rhode Island
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Porter
- Marriage Date:
- 20 Jan 1636/1637
- Marriage Location:
- Roxbury (now Boston), Suffolk, Massachusetts
Isaac Johnson (Ahnentafel No:716 )
Capt. Isaac Johnson was killed in the Narragansett Great Swamp Fight while leading his men over the bridge, which was simply a fallen tree, into the Indian fort.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Isaac Johnson
- 1 Early New England Families, 1641-1700 , Humphrey Johnson (m. 1641), p. 1, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase) , New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008) , Roxbury Marriages, Vol. 2, p. 326.
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register , (New England Historic and Genealogical Society ), April 1893, Vol. 47, p. 459.
- 4 New England Historical and Genealogical Register , (New England Historic and Genealogical Society ), 1994, Vol. 148, pp. 45-50.
- 5 The American Genealogist , New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online) , 1979, Vol. 55, p. 145, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 6 Anderson, Robert Charles , The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol . 2, G-O , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995) , 1108.
- 7 Bartholomew, George Wells, Jr. , Record of the Bartholomew Family: Historical, Genealogical and Biographical , Austin, Texas: Published by the Compiler (1885) , 56, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 8 Bowen, Daniel , The Family of Griffith Bowen, Gentleman, Welsh Puritan Immigrant, Boston, Mass., 1638-9, Espe cially the Branch of . . . , Jacksonville, Florida: DaCosta Printing Company (1893) , 29.
- 9 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley , American P residential Families , New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993) , 420.
- 10 Johnson, Gerald Garth , The Biography and Genealogy of Captain John Johnson from Roxbury, Massachusetts: An Uncommo n Man in the . . . , Bowie, Maryland: Heritage Books, Inc. (2000) , 102, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 11 Johnson, Paul Franklin, et. al. , Genealogy of Captain John Johnson of Roxbury, Massachusetts: Generations I to XIV , Los Angeles, California: Privately printed by The Commonwealth Press, Inc. (1951) , 4, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 12 Linzee, John William , The History of Peter Parker and Sarah Ruggles of Roxbury, Mass. and Their Ancestors and Desce ndants , Boston: Privately Printed (1913) , 380, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 13 Wikipedia , "Great Swamp Fight" , (accessed 05/12/2011).
- 14 Williams, Alicia Crane , Early New England Families, 1641-1700, Vol. 1 , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Socity (2015) , 191.