1st President of the Republic of Texas
- Mother of Sam Houston — 2nd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Paxton
- Mary "Polly" Blair
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1757
- Birth Location:
- prob. Bordens Tract, Rockbridge Co., Virginia
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 8 Sep 1831
- Death Location:
- Marysville, Blount, Tennessee
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Bakers Creek Cemetery, Blount County, Tennessee
- Spouse Name:
- Samuel Houston
- Marriage Date:
- AFT 12 Feb 1781
- Marriage Location:
- Bordens Tract, Rockbridge Co., Virginia
Samuel "Sam" Houston (Ahnentafel No:1 )
Some sources give Elizabeth Paxton's death as 18 AUG 1831.
Elizabeth "Betsy" Paxton
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Elizabeth "Betsy" Paxton
- 1 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A057771.
- 2 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 05/26/2015).
- 3 History of Clay and Platte Counties, Missouri: Written and Compiled from the Most Authentic Official and . . ., St. Louis: National Historical Company (1885), 963.
- 4 Armstrong, Zella, comp., Notable Southern Families: Volume 2, Chattanooga, Tennessee: The Lookout Publishing Company (1922), 181-182.
- 5 Dorman, John Frederick, ed., The Virginia Genealogist, 1978, Vol. 22, p. 90, Marriage bond for Samuel Houston and Elizabeth Paxton.
- 6 Green, Thomas Marshall, Historic Families of Kentucky, Cincinnati: Robert Clarke and Co. (1889), 108.
- 7 Paxton, William McClung, The Marshall Family: Or A Genealogical Chart of the Descendants of John Marshall and Elizabeth Markham . . ., Cincinnati: Robert Clarke and Co. (1885), 158.
- 8 Paxton, William McClung, The Paxtons: Their Origin in Scotland and Their Migrations Through England and Ireland, to the Colony of . . ., Platte City, Missouri: Landmark Print (1903), 124-125.
- 9 Wikipedia, "Sam Houston", (accessed 05/26/2015).