31st U.S. Vice-President
- Grandfather of Charles Curtis — 3rd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- (probable) Thomas Curtis
- (probable) Eunice Peet
- Birth Date:
- 22 Dec 1800
- Birth Location:
- prob. Albany County, New York
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 3 Mar 1873
- Death Location:
- North Topeka, Topeka, Shawnee, Kansas
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Permelia Hubbard
- Marriage Date:
- 21 Oct 1828
- Marriage Location:
- Eugene, Vermillion, Indiana
Orren Arms Curtis (Ahnentafel No:2 )
In 1994, Lee Christensen published a copy of his manuscript detailing the evidence he had to support the theory that William Curtis was the son of Thomas Curtis and Eunice Peet. He sent about 7 copies of this document to various libraries around the country. Any research regarding the parentage of William Curtis should consult this manuscript first.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Curtis
- 1 Federal Census , KS, Shawnee County, 1870, Topeka Ward 1, p. 51, Image 51 of 64, Ancestry.com (Online Census Images).
- 2 Indiana Marriages, 1811-2007 , Marriage record for William Curtis and Permelia Hubbard, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 3 Christensen, Lee R. , The Curtis/Peet Ancestry of Charles Curtis, Vice-President of the United States, 04 March 192 9 - 03 March 1933 , Ellensburg, Washington: Manuscript (1993) .
- 4 Day, Edward Warren , One Thousand Years of Hubbard History 866 to 1895 , New York: Published by Harlan Page Hubbard (1895) , 237, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 5 Palmer, Roberta Hubbard , "Saga of the William and Permelia Hubbard Curtis Family" , Article prepared for the Charles Wesley Hubbard Organization (July 1992) , (accessed 12/03/2015), FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 6 Seitz, Don C. , From Kaw Teepee to Capitol: The Life Story of Charles Curtis, Indian, Who Has Risen to High E state , New York: Frederick A. Stokes Company (1928) , 26-27, 34, Hathi Trust Digital Library.