- 6th Great-grandfather of Carole Lombard — 9th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Mary Bellows
- Birth Date:
- 18 Jan 1676/1677
- Birth Location:
- Concord, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Dorcas Cutler
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Joanna Bellows (Ahnentafel No:235 )
Benjamin Bellows was the illegitimate child of Mary Bellows, and the grandson of John Bellows and Mary Wood. Benjamin's father remains unknown, but his mother was summoned to court five years after his birth for what appears to have been a charge of fornication.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Benjamin Bellows
- 1 Early Generations of the Wetherby, Witherby, Wetherbee, Witherbee Family in New England, Par t I , Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society [manuscript] (1946) , 109, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register , 2010, Vol. 164, p. 157, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles and others , The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. I, A-B< /a> , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1999) , 252-253.
- 4 Jackson, James R., ed. , History of Littleton, New Hampshire, Vol. 3 , Cambridge, Massachusetts: The University Press (1905) , 513, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 5 Mazza, Ethel Wetherbee , John Wetherbee of Marlboro and Stow, Massachusetts, Volume 1 , Somersworth, New Hampshire: New Hampshire Printers (1991) , 7, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 6 Pope, Charles Henry, et. al. , Willard Genealogy: Sequel to Willard Memoir , Cambridge: Murray and Emery Company (1915) , 19, Hathi Trust Digital Library.