4th Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court
- 8th Generation — 5th Great-grandfather of John Marshall
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Vincent
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
- Dorothy Lane
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Richard Lane
- 1 Genealogies of Virginia Families: from the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 2, Claiborne-Fitzhugh, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (1981), 13.
- 2 William and Mary College Quarterly Historical Magazine, "The Randolph Family", 1899, Vol. 7, Page 122, JSTOR (Digital Library).
- 3 Randolph, Wassell, Henry Randolph I (1623-1773) [sic] of Henrico County, Virginia and His Descendants, Memphis, Tennessee: Distributed by Cossitt Library, 19, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 208.
- 5 Stephen, Sir Leslie and Sir Sidney Lee, Dictionary of National Biography, Volume 32, Lambe - Leigh, London: Smith, Elder, and Company (1892), 78.
- 6 Wikipedia, "Richard Lane (barrister)", (accessed 05/03/2011).