4th Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court
- 5th Generation — 2nd Great-grandmother of John Marshall
- Ahnentafel No:
- Henry Isham
- Katherine Banks
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1659
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 29 Dec 1735
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- William Randolph
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 13 Nov 1678
- Marriage Location:
- Thomas Randolph
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Mary Isham
- 1 Genealogies of Virginia Families: from the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 2, Claiborne-Fitzhugh, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (1981), 13, 52.
- 2 Genealogies of Virginia Families: from the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 5, Randolph-Zouch, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (1981), 1-13.
- 3 American Society of Genealogists, The Genealogist, Rockport, Maine: Picton Press, Fall 1988, Vol. 9, Iss. 2, Page 195.
- 4 Barthelmas, Della Gray, The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference, Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997), 199.
- 5 Browning, Charles H., Americans of Royal Descent: A Collection of Genealogies of American Families Whose Lineage is Traced to . . ., 7th Ed., Baltimore, Maryland: Reprinted for Clearfield Company, Inc. by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (2000), 533.
- 6 Dorman, John Frederick, Adventurers of Purse and Person, Virginia, 1607-1624/5, 4th ed., Vol. 1, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 861.
- 7 Dorman, John Frederick, Adventurers of Purse and Person, Virginia, 1607-1624/5, 4th ed., Vol. 1, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 331.
- 8 Glenn, Thomas Allen, ed., Some Colonial Mansions: and Those Who Lived in Them, Vol. 1, Philadelphia: Henry T. Coates and Company (1898), 456, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 9 Laidley, W. S., ed., The West Virginia Historical Magazine Quarterly, Charleston, West Virginia: West Virginia Historical and Antiquarian Society, 1902, Vol. 2, No. 4, p. 51, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 10 Paxton, William McClung, The Marshall Family: Or A Genealogical Chart of the Descendants of John Marshall and Elizabeth Markham . . ., Cincinnati: Robert Clarke and Co. (1885), 26, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 11 Pecdquet du Bellet, Louise, Some Prominent Virginia Families. Volume II, Lynchburg, VA: J. P. Bell Company (1907), 131-132.
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 208.
- 13 Wikipedia, "William Randolph", (accessed 04/11/2011).
- 14 Woodson, Henry Morton, comp., Historical Genealogy of the Woodsons and their Connections, Memphis, Tennessee: Henry Morton Woodson (1915), 46-47.