27th Governor of New Hampshire
- 6th Generation — 3rd Great-grandfather of Ichabod Goodwin
- Ahnentafel No:
- Nicholas Frost
- Bertha Cadawalla
- Birth Date:
- 30 Jul 1631
- Birth Location:
- Tiverton, Devonshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 4 Jul 1697
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Mary Bolles
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
- Mary Frost
Charle's is said to have fought the Indians through two wars and to have met his death at their hands.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Charles Frost
- 1 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 707.
- 2 Howard, Cecil Hampden Cutts, The Pepperrells in America, Salem, Massachusetts: Printed for the Essex Institute (1906), 6, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 3 Jordan, Tristram Frost, Leighton Genealogy: An Account of the Descendants of Capt. William Leighton of Kitter, Maine, Albany, New York: Joel Munsell's Sons, Publishers (1885), 107, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 4 Lord, C.C. and George E. Lord, A History of the Descendants of Nathan Lord of Ancient Kittery, Me., Concord, New Hampshire: The Rumford Press (1912), 28, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 5 Newdick, Robert Spangler, Newdick's Season of Frost: An Interrupted Biography of Robert Frost, Albany, New York: State University of New York Press (1976), 7-9.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 186.
- 7 Schutz, John A., Legislators of the Massachusetts General Court 1691-1780: A Biographical Dictionary, Boston: Northeastern University Press (1997), p. 61, Birth record for Charles Frost, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 8 Stackpole, Everett S., Old Kittery and Her Families, Lewiston, Maine: Press of Lewiston Journal Company (1903), 414-415, Google Books (Digital Library).