Samuel F. B. Morse
Painter and Co-Inventor of Morse Code
- 5th Great-grandfather of Samuel F. B. Morse — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- BY 7 Feb 1600/1601
- Death Location:
- prob. St. Ethelburga Bishopsgate, London, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Ellen Empson
- Marriage Date:
- 4 May 1590
- Marriage Location:
- Chalfont St. Peter's, Buckinghamshire, England
Benjamin Child (Ahnentafel No:80 )
Wolston Child's occupation was shoe maker.
Wolston Child's given name is also seen as Wolstone, and his surname as Childe.
There is some debate as to the parents of Wolston Child. Two possibilities have been presented:
- son of David and Letitia (Randall) Childe, born 29 October 1569 at Farnham Royal, Buckinghamshire
- son of Thomas and Johanna (Adams) Childe, baptized 29 Oct 1572 at Huntingdon, Huntingdonshire
Although evidence is needed to support either of these claims, the former seems most probable if for no other reason than David Child and Letitia Randall were married in the same church as Wolston Child and Ellen Empson, Chalfont St. Peter's, on 15 NOV 1560.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Wolston Child
- 1 England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975, Baptism record for daughter Elizabeth Childe.
- 2 England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975, Baptism record for son Josuah Child.
- 3 London, England, Church of England Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812, Baptism record for son Benjamyn Child.
- 4 London, England, Church of England Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812, Baptism record for son Ephraim Child.
- 5 New England Ancestors Magazine, Fall 2002, Vol. 3.4, p. 35.
- 6 New England Ancestors Magazine, Holiday 2003, Vol. 4.5, p. 38.
- 7 The American Genealogist, Vol. 63, pp. 17-28.
- 8 The American Genealogist, 2010, Vol. 84, pp. 185-189.
- 9 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 352.
- 10 Phillimore, W. P. W. and Thomas Gurney, Buckinghamshire Parish Registers: Marriages, Vol. 4, London: Phillimore and Co. (1908), p. 110, Marriage record for Wolstone Childe and Elen Empsone.
- 11 Phillimore, W.P.W., Buckinghamshire Parish Registers, London: Phillimore and Co. (1923), 110.
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 500.