12th U.S. President
- 6th Generation — 3rd Great-grandfather of Zachary Taylor
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Strother
- Elizabeth -----
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1630
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- from 30 Dec 1700 to 4 Nov 1702
- Death Location:
- Richmond County, Virginia
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Dorothy -----
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1651
- Marriage Location:
William Strother Jr. (Ahnentafel No:24 )
It is often claimed that William Strother was the son of William and Elizabeth Strother and grandson of Lancelot Strother and Eleanor Conyers. Eleanor Conyers is a direct descendant of Edward III, King of England. However more evidence is needed to substantiate the claim.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Strother
- 1 New England Ancestors Magazine , 2004, Vol. 5, No. 2, p. 42, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Publications of the Southern History Association , 1898, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 149-151, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 3 Register of Kentucky State Historical Society , 1927, Vol. 25, No. 75, pp. 293-294, JSTOR (Digital Library).
- 4 Carter, Jeff , Ancestors of Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter , Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland and Company, Inc. (2012) , 72.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Royal Descents of 600 Immig rants to the American Colonies or the United States , Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008) , 229.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp. , Ancestor s of American Presidents , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009) , 572.
- 7 Strother, Edward L. , The Strother Family: 300 Years from Virginia to Louisiana , Baltimore, Maryland: Gateway Press (2002) , 2-6, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).