Philosopher and Education Reformer
- 5th Great-grandfather of John Dewey — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- James Olmstead
- Joyce Cornish
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 15 Feb 1612/1613
- Christening Location:
- Fairstead, Essex, England
- Death Date:
- ABT 31 Aug 1684
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Sarah Loomis
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 28 Sep 1640
- Marriage Location:
Elizabeth Olmstead (Ahnentafel No:83 )
Nicholas Olmstead's surname is also seen as Olmsted.
There is no primary evidence to support published claims that Nicholas Olmstead had a daughter Mary that survived into adulthood.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Nicholas Olmstead
- 1 The American Genealogist, 1984, Vol. 60, pp. 27-32.
- 2 Anderson, Mary Audentia Smith, Ancestry and Posterity of Joseph Smith and Emma Hale: With Little Sketches of Their Immigrant Ancestors All of Whom . . ., Independence, Missouri: Herald Publishing House (1929), see chart preceding p. 51.
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 287.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 2, G-O, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1359.
- 5 Barbour, Lucius Barnes, Families of Early Hartford, Connecticut, Baltimore, Maryland: Reprinted for Clearfield Co., Inc. by Genealogical Publishing Co. (2001), 437.
- 6 Ferris, Mary Walton, Dawes-Gates Ancestral Lines: A Memorial Volume Containing the American Ancestry of Rufus R. Dawes, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Wisconsin Cuneo Press (1931), Vol. 2, Page 571.
- 7 Ferris, Mary Walton, Dawes-Gates Ancestral Lines: A Memorial Volume Containing the American Ancestry of Rufus R. Dawes, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Wisconsin Cuneo Press (1931), Vol. 2, pp. 566, 571.
- 8 Jacobus, Donald Lines, Families of Ancient New Haven; originally published as New Haven Genealogical Magazine, (Online database. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2008), 994, [Death].
- 9 Loomis, Elias, The Descendants of Joseph Loomis, New Haven, Connecticut: Tuttle (1875), 26, [Death].
- 10 Loomis, Elisha S., Descendants of Joseph Loomis in America: And His Antecedents in the Old World, Berea, Ohio: unknown (1909), 126.
- 11 Olmsted, Henry King and Rev. George K. Ward, Genealogy of the Olmsted Family in America: Embracing the Descendants of James and Richard Olmsted and . . ., New York: A.T. De La Mare Printing and Publishing Company, Ltd. (1912), 5, 12.
- 12 Reynolds, Cuyler, ed., Hudson-Mohawk Genealogical and Family Memoirs: A Record of the Achievements of the People of the . . ., Vol. 4, Orig. pub. NY: 1911; reprinted Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (1999), 1419.
- 13 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 448.
- 14 Torry, Clarence, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 545, [Death].