Philosopher and Education Reformer
- 4th Great-grandmother of John Dewey — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Nicholas Olmstead
- Sarah Loomis
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1644
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 12 Oct 1681
- Death Location:
- Wethersfield, Hartford, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Samuel Butler
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1664
- Marriage Location:
Mary Butler (Ahnentafel No:41 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Elizabeth Olmstead
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Wethersfield, p. 51, Death record for Elizabeth Butler.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 1933, Vol. 10, p. 51.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 1984, Vol. 60, pp. 27-32.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 287.
- 5 Cutter, William Richard, ed., New England Families: Genealogical and Memorial, Volume 2, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1913), 613, [Death].
- 6 Jacobus, Donald Lines and Edgar Francis Waterman, Hale, House and Related Families: Mainly of the Connecticut River Valley, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1978, reprinted from 1952), 657, gives Elizabeth's name as Mary.
- 7 Jacobus, Donald Lines, ed., The Ancestry of Lorenzo Ackley and his Wife Emma Arabella Bosworth, Woodstock, Vermont: N. Grier Parke, II (1960), 142.
- 8 Olmsted, Henry King and Rev. George K. Ward, Genealogy of the Olmsted Family in America: Embracing the Descendants of James and Richard Olmsted and . . ., New York: A.T. De La Mare Printing and Publishing Company, Ltd. (1912), 12, 17.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 448.