Philosopher and Education Reformer
- 3rd Great-grandmother of John Dewey — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Samuel Butler
- Elizabeth Olmstead
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1672
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 17 May 1744
- Death Location:
- Waterbury, New Haven, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Ebenezer Hopkins
- Marriage Date:
- 21 Jan 1691/1692
- Marriage Location:
- Hartford, Hartford Co., Connecticut
Stephen Hopkins (Ahnentafel No:20 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Mary Butler
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Hartford, p. 163, Birth record for son Stephen Hopkins.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, October 1859, Vol. 13, p. 344.
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, October 1924, Vol. 78, p. 445.
- 4 Cutter, William Richard, Genealogical and Family History of Western New York: A Record of the Achievements of Her People . . ., Vol. 1, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Co. (1912), Vol. 2, p. 695.
- 5 Lainhart, Ann Smith and Robert S. Wakefield, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 22, William Bradford, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2004), 71.
- 6 Olmsted, Henry King and Rev. George K. Ward, Genealogy of the Olmsted Family in America: Embracing the Descendants of James and Richard Olmsted and . . ., New York: A.T. De La Mare Printing and Publishing Company, Ltd. (1912), 17.
- 7 Prichard, Sarah J., et. al., The Town and City of Waterbury, Connecticut, From the Aboriginal Period to the Year Eighteen Hundred and . . ., Vol. 1, New Haven, Connecticut: The Price & Lee Company (1896), Appendix Page 69, [Death].
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 448.