Actress, Model, and Singer
- 1st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- (probable) Charles Stanley Gifford
- Gladys Pearl Monroe
- Birth Date:
- 1 Jun 1926
- Birth Location:
- Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co., California
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 5 Aug 1962
- Death Location:
- Brentwood, Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co., California
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Westwood Memorial Park, Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co., California
aka Marilyn Monroe
Marilyn Monroe was born Norma Jeane Mortenson and was raised under the name Norma Jeane Baker. Marilyn's birth certificate names Martin E. Mortensen as her father, however her mother had separated from him before her pregnancy and she immediately changed Marilyn's name to Baker, the name of her first husband. Throughout her life, Marilyn denied her father was Mortensen.
Marilyn identified Charles Stanley Gifford, a studio co-worker of her mother, as her real father. It is through Gifford that Marilyn has her connections to so many famous kin.
Norma Jeane Mortenson
Marriages for Norma Jeane Mortenson
- James Dougherty
- Joseph Paul "Joe" DiMaggio
- Arthur Asher Miller
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Norma Jeane Mortenson
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 01/06/2014).
- 2 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 296.
- 3 Wikipedia, "Early life of Marilyn Monroe", (accessed 01/06/2014).
- 4 Wikipedia, "Marilyn Monroe", (accessed 01/06/2014).