Actress, Model, and Singer
- Father of Marilyn Monroe — 2nd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Frederick Almy Gifford
- Elizabeth Easton Tennant
- Birth Date:
- 18 Sep 1898
- Birth Location:
- Newport, Newport Co., Rhode Island
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 27 Jun 1965
- Death Location:
- Hemet, Riverside, California
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- San Jacinto Valley Cemetery, San Jacinto, Riverside, California
- Spouse Name:
- Gladys Pearl Monroe
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
(probable) Norma Jeane Mortenson (Ahnentafel No:1 )
Charles Stanley Gifford, a studio co-worker of Marilyn Monroe's mother, is believed by many to be the real father of Marilyn Monroe. Marilyn herself identified Gifford as her father having been told that by her mother. It is through Gifford that Marilyn has her connections to so many famous kin.
Charles Stanley Gifford
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Charles Stanley Gifford
- 1 California, U.S., Death Index, 1940-1997, Death record for Charles Stanley Gifford.
- 2 Federal Census, RI, Newport County, 1900, Newport Ward 3, ED #218, Sheet 5B, Image 10 of 48.
- 3 Find A Grave, (accessed 01/06/2014).
- 4 Rhode Island Births and Christenings, 1600-1914, Birth record for Charles Stanley Gifford.
- 5 U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-2014, Death record for Charles Gifford.
- 6 U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918, Draft registration for Charles Stanley Gifford.
- 7 Brenneman, Richard E., "Notable Kin - New England in Hollywood, Part Three: The Possible Rhode Island Ancestry of Ma rilyn Monroe", www.americanancestors.org/notable-kin-the-possible-rhode-island-ancestry-of-marilyn-monroe, (accessed 10/09/2014).
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 134.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 296.
- 10 Wikipedia, "Marilyn Monroe", (accessed 01/06/2014).