- 4th Generation — Great-grandmother of Amelia Earhart
- Ahnentafel No:
- Gideon Curtis
- Ruth Day
- Birth Date:
- 20 Aug 1808
- Birth Location:
- New York
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 12 Mar 1883
- Death Location:
- Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo Co., Michigan
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Prairie Home Cemetery, Richland, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Spouse Name:
- Isaac Otis
- Marriage Date:
- 25 Jan 1827
- Marriage Location:
- Little York, Homer, Courtland, New York
- Alfred Gideon Otis
Some published Curtiss genealogy gives Caroline Curtiss's mother as her father's first wife Polly Rice although this same book did not know Caroline's birth year of 1808 or that she was born in New York. However, other published sources give her mother as her father's second wife Ruth Day. More evidence is needed as to when Gideon Curtiss married Ruth Day or when his first wife died.
Caroline Abigail Curtis
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Caroline Abigail Curtis
- 1 Federal Census, MI, Barry County, 1850, Prairieville, Image 5 of 14, Ancestry.com (Online Census Images).
- 2 Find A Grave, (accessed 07/30/2015).
- 3 Genealogical and Biographical Record of North-Eastern Kansas, Chicago: The Lewis Publishing Company (1900), 27, 40-41, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 4 Otis, William A., A Genealogical and Historical Memoir of the Otis Family in America, Chicago: Unknown (1924), 281-282, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#58 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: Elizabeth Boyd Roberts: A Genealogical Tribute with 50 New . . .", (accessed 07/06/2017).