3rd U.S. President and Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- 3rd Great-grandmother of Thomas Jefferson — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Richard Lane
- Elizabeth Vincent
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- William Randolph
- Marriage Date:
- 30 Mar 1619
- Marriage Location:
- Houghton Parva, Northamptonshire, England
Richard Randolph (Ahnentafel No:24 )
- Early genealogies state that Dorothy's surname was Law. Wassell Randolph, in his Henry Randolph genealogy from 1952, emphatically states that "Those writers who called her Dorothy Law are in error. She was daughter of Richard Land and sister of Sir Richard Lane, a prominent English barrister. Her first husband was Thomas West."
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Dorothy Lane
- 1 Genealogies of Virginia Families: from the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 2, Claiborne-Fitzhugh, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (1981), 12-13.
- 2 William and Mary College Quarterly Historical Magazine, "The Randolph Family", 1899, Vol. 7, Page 122.
- 3 Randolph, Wassell, Henry Randolph I (1623-1773) [sic] of Henrico County, Virginia and His Descendants, Memphis, Tennessee: Distributed by Cossitt Library, 19.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 208.