Samuel F. B. Morse
Painter and Co-Inventor of Morse Code
- 2nd Great-grandfather of Samuel F. B. Morse — 5th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Benjamin Child
- Mary Bowen
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 1 Aug 1671
- Christening Location:
- Roxbury (now Boston), Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Death Date:
- 1 Sep 1764
- Death Location:
- Woodstock, Windham, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Wales
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1696
- Marriage Location:
John Child Jr. (Ahnentafel No:10 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Child
- 1 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Roxbury Births, p. 65.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 2005, Vol. 159, p. 322.
- 3 Woodstock, CT: Vital Records, 1686-1854, p. 318, Death record for John Child.
- 4 Child, Elias, Genealogy of the Child, Childs and Childe Families, of the Past and Present in the United States and the Canadas, Utica, NY: Curtiss and Childs, Printers (1881), 69, 427, 440.
- 5 Johnson, Paul Franklin, et. al., Genealogy of Captain John Johnson of Roxbury, Massachusetts: Generations I to XIV, Los Angeles, California: Privately printed by The Commonwealth Press, Inc. (1951), 33.
- 6 Paine, Lyman May, My Ancestors: A Memorial of John Paine and Mary Ann May of East Woodstock, Conn., Chicago: Printed for Private Circulation (1914), 67.